The Lory Park Animal and Owl Sanctuary is a place where animals can be appreciated up close and where human and animal interaction is welcomed. This little haven is situated in Midrand, between the hustle and bustle of Johannesburg and Pretoria.
The Lory Park Animal and Owl Sanctuary opened its gates for the first time in April 2000 as mainly a bird park. At this time Midrand was still reasonably unspoilt and consisted of much grassland which was still inhabited by animals such as Grass Owls, Marsh Owls, Barn Owls and Spotted Eagle Owls. Since then Midrand has become one of the fastest growing industrial and corporate areas in South Africa. The fast development of the area had a very negative effect on the plant and animal life and people started brining injured and trapped animals to Lory Park. The park became a safe haven for the animals where they could live out their lives in peace with love and care. The Lory Park soon became a sanctuary for all animals and not only a bird park.
The Lory Park Animal and Owl Sanctuary has grown to become an internationally acclaimed Zoo, which has established a successful combination of animal care, education and community recreation with the highest standards.
Cub encounters are available at Lory Park from 10:30am to 1pm and from 2pm to 4pm. Over and above the encounters there are also ambassador animals doing their rounds through the park on Saturdays and Sundays as well as flying owls shows. Visitors are also able to join the bird keepers in feeding the Spotted Eagle Owls.
The Lory Park Animal and Owl Sanctuary also hosts kiddies parties. At Lory Park, kiddies parties are an exciting outdoor adventure, where kids are able to have fun and enjoy nature at the same time. The venue offers a jumping castle and play area for the kids. Animals such as snakes, bearded dragons, tortoises and hedgehogs, will be brought around the zoo throughout the day. Bunny food packets are available for the children to feed the bunnies.
So the big question was popped, you said yes – but what now? It is time to start planning the wedding! To help you with your planning, we have put together the following guide. This guide will assist in you in getting all the necessary things done in a suggested time frame to ease the stress that goes with planning a wedding.
Six to Twelve Months before the Wedding
- Decide on the kind of wedding you want and at what time of the day the wedding will be. Will you be providing a meal for the guest or will it be a simple ceremony with cake and tea only? The time of day the wedding takes place will greatly influence the food choices.
- Pick a date. Do this as soon as possible so that your bridal party and far away family can begin making arrangements for hotels and scheduling time away from their workplace.
- Choose a location. Remember to take into consideration what the weather could be like on your wedding day. So keep an open mind. Set a budget. This is so important. Discuss it carefully between the two of you and your respective families.
- Start planning the reception. Secure a hall, hotel, lodge, or whatever wedding venue suits you guys for your reception area.
- Select the bridal party. It is important to do this as soon as possible so these special people can set aside some time away from work to fulfill their duties and roles in your wedding.
- Secure the church and inquire about premarital counseling. Some churches require this for a marriage to be allowed.
- Choose your colors. Your flowers, attire, linens, and cake will reflect your choice. Since you have to shop for these items fairly far in advance, it’s important that you are rock-solid on your color decision.
- Choose and order the bridal gown, bridesmaids’ gowns and accessories.
- Choose wisely and stay within your budget.
- Start planning the honeymoon. The groom often takes the lead on this, but it should be a spot you will both enjoy.
- Begin your bridal registry. Visit your favorite stores and choose items that you will need to start your life together.
- Select and order wedding invitations and announcements.
- Select the caterer, photographer, florist, and musicians. Keep their phone numbers handy in case you need something.
- Choose and order the wedding rings.
It is essential for the success of any organization that everyone works together as a team. Team building events will help unify and refresh the team, leading to increased performance and productivity. These team building activities teach the team members to work together and to depend on each other. Working as a team will help with the improvement of operations, finishing projects on time and efficiently satisfying the requirements of clients. Ongoing team building activities ensure a contented team devoted to the organization.
The following are some of the benefits of team building activities for your organization:
- Enhancing communication within the team.
- Making the work environment more enjoyable.
- Helpful in motivating a team.
- Team members get to know each other better.
- Participants learn more about their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Management can identify and utilize strengths in their team.
- Helps improve team productivity.
- Improves collaboration within a team.
- Creates realistic experiences that empower team members to contribute to common goals.
- Team building activities can be great entertainment providers and can be used to reward your team.
- Can also benefit team members in their personal life such as enhanced communications skills, concentration, decision making, stress minimization and self-confidence.
Organizing a team building event should be focused around what you aim to achieve with the event. If there is a high correlation to everyday challenges the team faces, the lessons learned will be remembered longer and more readily applied.
At The Summit Venue, you can choose to have your team building event outdoors or indoors, or you can have a combination of outdoor and indoor activities. We utilize professional team building facilitators for all our team building events. Contact us now to arrange your next team building event.